Robertson holiday house accommodation perfect for art and nature lovers
Arts and antiques
The Great Room is at the heart of the home, with soaring ceiling and double height glass walls on three sides to maximise the sea and bush views. The huge open fireplace and large leather couches make this space ideal for relaxing in summer and winter.
The modern glass and steel design of the home is balanced by the blackbutt timber floor and a stunning collection of antique Indonesian furniture and artefacts, adding a deep sense of warmth and character:
- Early 20th century colonial furnishings including tables and mirrors, crafted by Javanese and Chinese makers
- Original artworks, Mexican terracotta collection, theatre posters, music sheets, and other curios from global travels
- Dutch colonial four poster beds, one from the 18th century and two from the late 19th century
- Antique round Indonesian dining table for lazy brunches and long dinners
- Large antique chests from Madura, an island off the coast of Java
- Javanese wooden figurines
- 19th century Indonesian teak doors throughout
- Earthenware jars and plates from Lombok
- Floor tiles from Surabaya
- Antique daybeds
The three bedrooms at Yarrawa Hill offer guests privacy and space.
Bedroom 1 is located on the ground floor, near Bedroom 2. It features:
- Double bed
- En-suite bathroom
- Adjoining study and conservatory sitting room
- Kitchenette in sitting room including a bar, fridge and microwave.
- Direct access onto one of the decks with remarkable views over the bush and towards the ocean
- Deck furnished with a hammock, teak lounger and outdoor table and chairs.
Bedroom 2 is situated on the ground floor, near Bedroom 1. It features:
- Double bed
- En-suite bathroom with full bath, not spa bath
- Adjoining study and sitting room
Bedroom 3 is located on the lower floor. It features:
- Very large double bed
- Open fire
- Lounge area
- Under-floor heating throughout
- En-suite bathroom
- Private deck
Yarrawa Hill has been designed and furnished to ensure guests have everything they need for the perfect relaxing getaway.
- Central heating, double-glazing throughout and excellent insulation mean comfortable temperatures in winter and summer
- Open plan state-of-the-art kitchen with stainless-steel work surfaces, breakfast bar, gas hobs, electric oven, microwave, fridge-freezer and walk-in pantry
- Three large decks with remarkable bush and ocean views, hammock and outdoor furniture
- Open fireplace in the Great Room, with plenty of firewood provided
- All kitchen equipment and crockery provided
- Two woodburners
- Gas and wood-burning barbecue facilities
- Large rear paved patio with rainforest garden
- Large flatscreen TV and sound system
- Double carport
- Good 3G reception
- Please note there is no wifi at the house. Guests requiring wifi would need to bring their own dongle.
There is parking adjacent to the front door at ground level. The common areas and two of the bedrooms are wheelchair accessible and have walk-in showers.
Book your stay
Our weekend stay was a perfect winter escape, surrounded by beautiful bushland with spectacular views to the sea from every room. The house is huge, beautifully designed and cosy; two fireplaces and central heating kept us very warm. It was so peaceful and private, nothing to disturb us but birdsong. We saw wallabies and wombats around the property and a great variety of birds. The surrounding area is fun to explore - good cafes, shops and the fabulous Cheese Factory in Robertson and bushwalk at Carrington Falls. A very special place!
Upon arrival we met Mike who was very helpful and showed us around – all the rooms are very spacious with unique and interesting furniture. The main lounge room has two fireplaces, one slow combustion that warms the entire room and an open fire place that had more than enough timber to last our stay. The view from all of the balconies overlook the mountaintops all the way to the coastline and was a great spot to enjoy a glass of wine! We cannot wait to come back – the house and atmosphere made us not want to leave!
Yarrawa Hill beautifully captures the essence of tranquility, warmth and fun. The views to the coast and private bush surrounds are amazing - whether enshrouded in mist and rain or bathed in sunshine – with balconies, massive atrium-style loungeroom and sunrooms to take it all in. The perfect place to unwind, relax in front of the fire and the bookshelves are well stocked. Although spacious, it is cosy, charming, and fun to explore. Plenty of tracks to walk, beautiful birds, and lyrebirds and wombats often waddling around. Michael does a superb job of making sure your stay is comfortable and welcoming.
The reaction upon entering the main room is WOW! It is elegantly and eclectically furnished with beautiful Indonesian furniture, film and music memorabilia. The house is a wonderful mix of large spaces and private areas, light filled, and with spectacular views from the many windows and balconies of all the main rooms including the bedrooms, the house feels part of its natural environment. It does not seem to matter what the weather is like, you can observe in wonder but still be comfortable and protected.
Generously equiped and very cosy in winter. This is a beautifully designed house with plenty of space for privacy if you want it but also a very sociable hub in the heart of the house. We stayed in winter but it was so warm, heated floors, roaring fires, electric blankets and sun streaming into every room. It was a pleasure to be there. A fair drive to most places but worth it for the peace and quiet perched on top of the hill amongst the trees. We will come back!
We spent the long weekend in this magnificent home. It was beautifully designed & tastefully decorated. Everything needed to ensure a comfortable stay was provided. The surroundings are private with amazing views. Loved it!
The perfect place to stay – serene and special with spectacular views. It has everything you could wish for with great attention to detail, is very spacious, and quiet with magnificent views across the forest and ocean. It's wonderful to relax in front of the open fireplace in the Great Room after a leisurely day exploring. Double glazed windows and central heating keep the inside comfortable, and you can relax anywhere inside or outside on the deck chairs or hammock, or watch birds in the treetops from the deck. Ideal spot for writers, artists and anyone wanting a relaxing holiday. Highly recommended.
If you want guaranteed kangaroos and the perfect luxurious hideaway Yarrawa Hill is the answer. Take luxurious snacks, booze, food and settle in. It's superbly isolated so you will have the peace to finish writing the bestseller. Go exploring, cook up a storm, and the sea is a easy drive away. If you don't fancy cooking, nearby Bowral is awash with restaurants. The wonderful extra is the interior decoration which is so beautiful and clearly gathered with love and affection. Everywhere you look you have the perfect vista, inside and out.